My husband has been planning our honey moon for months and has been ecstatic about it, while trying his utmost best to keep it a secret. After COVID his the world we had to postpone our wedding as well as our honey moon. We were blessed enough to have our wedding on the 06 November 2020 but unfortunately our honey moon is still postponed. All I know about it is that it is overseas, we have a stop over in New York, and all I have to pack is bikini's and summer dresses. So what I have been able to guess is we are going to some resort with a beach. Because we had both started new jobs we couldn't get anytime off work so we just went to Sun City for two nights so we could be at the closest thing we could find to a beach. We swam, drank cocktails and spend lots of quality time together. We call that our mini moon. We are just grateful to be married and together. And now we have a big holiday to look forward to.
I am definitely one of those girl who grew up watching Disney and loved a good fairytale. I am blessed to say that our story and fairytale was definitely one Mr Walt Disney could have written about.
To describe my look I will start from the bottom and work my way up:
*My shoes where silver block heels with diamanté's on the front strap and were bough at 'Call it Spring'
* I didn't wear any sexy lingerie under my wedding dress as it was tight and see through so the panties were those nude seamless panties from Woolworths. The dress didn't need a bra as it had cups.
* My dress, wow, it was definitely my dream dress. It had a low V neck, lace straps, a lace back, went tight all the way until about just after my knees and then flared out a little. It had a long lace trail, one one said it was a mermaid dress. Fore the church I added a puffy shirt over it so I could have the best of both worlds. (My husband really looked surprised when I walked in with a puffy dress and then later took it off and it transformed into this sexy number). I bough the dress from 'Bride and Co'.
* My veil was this magnificent piece of long lace. The dramatic veil fit perfect with my personality and looked great in the photos. This was also bought at 'Bride and Co.'
* My hair was blond and filled with curls. Two side pieces were pulled and twisted to the back making a perfect spot for my veil to fit comfortably in. My hair was done by 'The Chateau' on the Green Leaves property.
* My make up with this fresh look with quite a bit of pink shades in my eyes as pink is my favourite colour. This was also done at 'The Chateau'.
* I didn't want a necklace because I didn't want anything distracting the attention from the beautiful dress. I bough these diamanté earring from 'Lovisa' to give the look an extra shine. On my right hand I wore a ring my parents gave me fore my 21st birthday that has my birth stones in it. On my left hand, on the ring finger I had my engagement ring which is the protea ring from 'Browns'.
I really felt like a princess.
On the 09 February 2019 I met my husband at a wedding at Green Leaves. It was love at first sight and we spent the whole night together dancing and getting to know each other. So we found it fit to get married there. We are both lovers of wildlife and mountains so it was literally the perfect place for us. Most of our guests stayed with us at Green Leaves. Some stayed at a lodge across the road called 'Leopards Lodge' and the rest drove home.
The bridesmaids wore blush pink strap dresses that matched the groomsmen's bow ties that were bought at YDE. They each received a pair of different earring that matched their personality as a gift from me bought at Lovisa. They has their hair done in curls that was tied back in a low pony tale with a few curls left in their face. They had similar makeup done to me.
Our marriage officer was our pastor Noel Wood from Real Life Church.
We were beyond blessed to have had JC Click as our photographers for they day. Their photos really captured each aspect of our dream wedding. We also had Dream Media there as our Videographer's who did a shirt highlight video for us as well as a longer more detailed video.
I honestly felt like I was in a movie as I arrived on a course and carriage.
The food was catered by the venue, Green Leaves, and we had people talking about how incredible the food was weeks after the wedding. Baker Boys made our cake with was a three their naked cake that consisted of caramel amarula, chocolate brownie and passion fruit. The cake was polished in minutes so we were blessed that our MC saved us a slice before it was all gone.
I am a graphic designer so I designed all my own stationary as I new exactly what I wanted. I just printed it at our local printer.
We has a beautiful indoor reception that was filled with fairy lights above us. Our first dance was choreographed by my old dance coach to the Taylor Swift song called 'Lover'. We got DJ blast in to do our sound and to be our DJ. We danced the night away until we couldn't even stand on our feet anymore.