- The absolute highlight of our special day was being able to include my special horse (Rey) in the ceremony and some photos. I have always wanted to include my horse in my wedding, since I was a little girl.
- Another highlight of our special day was the weather!! It was perfect!! The day started off slightly overcast and it actually began to rain lightly, during our vow and ring exchange, right up to our first kiss as man and wife. We definitely saw this as a blessing from above. The rain stopped directly after our ceremony and became pleasantly warmer throughout the day.
- A very special memorable moment of the day, would have to be when my father saw me for the first time once I was fully dressed, there were so many emotions and it was just so beyond special being able to share this experience with my father.
- Another memorable moment would have to be, when a few of the guests ate our blue wedding cupcakes and ended up with blue faces and teeth.
My husband (Kyle), had arranged a “mini getaway” to celebrate our marriage, as we had to change our original honeymoon plans due to Covid and lockdown.
Kyle booked 2 nights for us at a picturesque little place called, “Bronze Grove”, which is situated just off of route 62. It was so secluded and really just the perfect place to relax and celebrate such a special step in our lives together!!
- I purchased my absolutely STUNNING dress from Calegra Bridal Cape Town. The dress was breathtaking close up, with one of a kind lace detail and capped sleeves which were added on. Their service was absolutely impeccable and I would recommend them to any bride.
- I wanted more of a natural look with my makeup and am beyond happy with my choice of using Anuschka Strydom Makeup, she managed to give me the exact look I was looking for, which was more focus on the eyes with minimal other makeup. My hairstyle that I selected was a low, messy bun with a gorgeous tiara to finish off the look.
- My earrings came from Smooches Bridal. I fell inlove with them after seeing a picture on Instagram and could not go without them!!
- My lingerie for the wedding and honeymoon came from, Bra’s and Things.
- I had been looking for my wedding shoes for a couple of months and was lucky enough to eventually find the - perfect shoe at YDE.
We got married at Mistico Equestrian Centre, which is located on the R312, on the way to Paarl. Luckily enough, the venue was close to home for majority of our guests, so accommodation wasn’t needed.
- Leading up to the wedding, I tried to drink a minimum of 1.5 litres of water a day.
- My skincare regime didn’t change at all, as I am generally quite committed to looking after my skin.
- My nails were done by Nicole at Oulik Vroulik, she provided me with a simple gel french manicure with two “art” nails. I couldn't have asked for a better manicure!!
- My fitness regime was mainly horse riding and a few gym/weight sessions.
Our wedding in general had a very simplistic but elegant feel to it, so we didn’t have to hire tons of furniture.
The venue provided outside benches and umbrellas which we decorated with mini gold “vases” and flowers which I made at home with my mother.
The flowers were done by an incredibly talented young florist, who has started her own business called Floral Theory- I was not disappointed!! She managed to make me the perfect cascading bouquet by incorporating my favourite flower (the orchid), along with making the groom's boutonierre from a matching single orchid.
The groomsmen and bridesmaids all had simple white roses, which looked stunning, as it did not "take away" from the simplistic feel, but rather complimented it.
The altar was draped with white linen and embellished with two simplistic arch arrangements, that were made up of mostly greenery and a few white roses.
- My husband purchased a navy blue suit and waistcoat from Mr. Suit hire, while his incredible mother made him a gold bowtie.
- The groomsmen wore navy blue chino pants, with white long sleeve shirts with the sleeves folded at 3/4. The groomsmen each wore a thin gold tie with a pair of navy suspenders.
-My bridesmaids wore very simplistic but flattering A-frame navy blue dresses, with gold embroidery and sequins on the top which I purchased from YDE, with a cute little pair of low gold heels.
-The bridesmaids hair and makeup, which was done by Anuschka Strydom's assistants, was a half up, half down hairstyle with a small gold decorative piece in their hair and loose curls, with the makeup being light and fresh for the day.
We were lucky enough to have booked Troy Goldie, who is an EXCELLENT marriage officer. He managed to make the ceremony so lighthearted and fun. Troy really takes the time to personalise your ceremony and get to know his couples.
Elri Photography was used to capture our special day and we are beyond satisfied with the incredible footage she has supplied us with in the interim. Elri knows exactly how to capture a special moment at just the right time and manages to make you feel so comfortable infront of the camera. I would definitely book her for more shoots when possible.
My mother and I planned and arranged everything ourselves. My mother acted as the "wedding coordinator" for the day.
We used our own vehicles for transport to and from the wedding venue.
I went out and purchased a whole assortment of cheeses and crackers to serve as canapes on the day.
I had ordered a large amount of platters from Soete in Brackenfell to serve the guests as a buffet/harvest table, with a few different breads, as we decided to not do plated meals.
Our amazing wedding cake and cupcakes were made by Stiletto & Flour. The cake table looked absolutely gorgeous and was stocked up with an assortment of donuts and cupcakes, which was exactly what we had in mind. The cake and cupcakes tasted delicious. We had a mock cake made by Stiletto & Flour, and you would not be able to tell the difference.