My fiance and I met in primary school (grade 4 to be exact). He was always the popular guy and I was the quiet girl. We developed a friendship over the years which went through the ebb and flow of life I.e. him moving to away and coming back to Cape Town. During my time at university to reconnected via social media and consequently developed a great friendship. Long story short...we became very close and really connected after many years. He then asked me to be his girlfriend on the 24th of April 2015... and things have bloomed beautifully since then. He then proposed in the most romantic manner on the 22nd of July 2017! It was the best surprise ever! He makes me unbelievably happy. We compliment each other in so many ways. Our love for one another runs very deep
The magic happened on the 22nd of July 2017. My fiance arrange for my family to take me out to for a family day. On that morning I woke up feeling completely I'll and so my family did lots of convincing to get me up and going. While we were driving in the car I repeatedly asked them where we were going, but no one seemed to be listening to me LOL. After driving for a while we ended up at Kirstenbosch Gardens. We then entered the garden and while we were paying my fiance's family also arrived. This through me completely off guard as I did not understand what was happening. I just thought that it was great...we were about to have an awesome combined family day. However, my fiance was no where to be found! He then called me and told me to follow the directions he sent me on a map. So my family and his walked all the way towards the boomslang. This is where we "bumped" into his cousin, who is also a photographer. THIS HAD ME SO CONFUSED! Lol. She then asked us to follow her, so we did. At the end of our walk, towards the pond, there I saw my fiance standing next to a beautifully decorated picnic, looking nervous and smiling. I then repeatedly asked him "what are you doing here?"...all he did was smiled lol he then started crying and took my hands , looked me in the eyes and said the most beautiful things. I consequently started crying as well. A few minutes later he went down on one knee and popped the question. All the while our families were in on everything! Lol it was one of the best days of my life! One that I will never forget! He planned everything so meticulously! He is just amazing
Our wedding day was so so special. The entire day was perfect, from start to finish. We were blessed with the most amazing weather, beautiful venue and wonderful guests!
The highlights from our day were:
- Getting ready on the morning of the wedding: I woke up that day with a heart so full of happiness! The first thing I did was check on the weather...and it was just perfect. Spending time with my mom, mother-in-law and sister while having our hair and make-up done was so special. We laughed, took photos and they kept checking in to see if I was doing fine. We had an amazing team who made us feel so special and at ease, assuring us that everything would be amazing! And it was! Everyone was so relaxed and calm, which really helped me a lot. The morning really set the tone for the rest of the day!
- The ceremony: From the song which played when I entered the chapel, to the moment when we were declared husband and wife, everything was just special. Our ceremony was really an authentic display of who we are as a couple and the love we share for one another and God. Everything was just perfect! We were blessed to share a few minutes alone as a newly married couple, during which my amazing husband served me in the most special way by washing my feet.
- The pre-reception gathering: Being welcomed and congratulated by all our amazing guests was the best! They embraced us with so much love and adoration. Sharing a snack and a glass of bubbly with our friends and family was so lovely. Another amazing moment was taking the photographs with everyone, especially our parents and siblings. This was so much fun! Everyone looked so amazing!
- Our reception: WOW! Seeing the wedding decor for the first time when we entered our reception venue was just spectacular! All the months of planning, driving up and down to finalise details and personalising everything for our big day just came together so beautifully in that moment. The speeches were so memorable. We laughed, cried, ate and danced the night away! Oh and the food was TOP CLASS! So much detail and flavour! It really was exceptional. I remember our first dance...when time just stood still as we slowly moved to our favourite song, gazing lovingly into one another's eyes...a moment I will never forget! Everything was so awesome! My husband and I had a ball of a time!
- The wedding night: So my husband is the master of surprises. We drove to a location unknown to me. I remember him being so excited and literally bursting at the seams of excitement. When we arrived at our destination, we were unexpectedly welcomed by a group of staff at the hotel. This was amazing! A moment I will ever forget was when I walked into our suite...my oh my...It was breathtaking! So meticulously decorated and so comfortable. We spent the evening reminiscing on a day that we both believed to be the Best Day Of Our Lives! It was special from start to finish!
Oh yes we did!!!
My husband completely surprised me with the most romantic,beautiful honeymoon at Summerlane B&B in Wilderness, Western Cape!
He planned the journey to the venue so well that I did not know where we were going until we arrived at the location!
We were greeted by the most loving, friendly couple who really put so much effort into making our stay memorable and special. We were treated like royalty from start to finish.
The B&B is perfectly located on the lake, overlooking mountains, calm water and the absolute beauty of nature. Everything at this place was of very high quality and the service was excellent!
It was such a special time where we could just relax and completely enjoy one another's company!
A week I will never forget!
My wedding look was classic and very natural. I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day, with a little bit of sparkle. My hair and makeup was very natural. My wedding dress was a mermaid style-gown, which was made to fit my body perfectly. Being a plus size girl, I wanted a dress that was designed and made for me. It hugged my curves perfectly. My lingerie was classic and sexy, by Donna. Jewellery was simplistic and classic (I love diamonds!) and suited my overall look. My accessories were minimal, but suited the look I was going for so well. On the morning of our wedding, my husband gifted me a beautiful diamond bracelet which just rounded off the look perfectly. He knows me so well!
Our wedding ceremony was at Hoogeind Manor (Helderberg, Cape Town).
Our parents and a few of our guests stayed over the night before and of the wedding.
Our wedding reception was at Croydon Olive Estate, Cape Town.
In preparation for the big day I started using the Ponds Flawless Radiance range three months before, Cleansing, toning and moisturising every morning and evening. I also exfoliated my skin twice a week. I drank lots of water to keep my skin hydrated and the glow on point. I tried to eat healthy, nourishing foods like raw nuts, fruit and ofcourse my mom's home cooking kept me going! A week before the wedding I had a two week 3D lash fill which looked stunning! I also had my brows and upper lip threaded as well as my essential waxing a few days before the wedding.Two days before the wedding I had my nails and toes done. I also had a paraffin wax treatment done on my feet.
Our decor was smart, classic with a touch of sparkle. It was warm and romantic and really captured autumn so perfectly. Our wedding colours were burgundy and blush pink. Our flowers were superbly arranged and displayed by our amazing coordnator Marieta Auret of Knot2Much. She also brought the vision which we had for our wedding decor to life. The attention to detail was exceptional. She really went above and beyond to add personal touches to our wedding which authentically captured who we are as a couple. Our wedding decor was supplied by Functions & Events. Our lighting and sound was done by Taswald Christian (my brother-in-law) who provided us with the most romantic lighting and music that allowed us to dance the night away! Everything was just fabulous with a touch of sparkle!
The Groom wore a 3-piece tux which he purchased from Eurosuit, Canal Walk. He also wore a shirt, happy socks and cuff links from Carducci. He wore shoes from Aldo.
The Groomsmen were dressed by Eurosuit as well.
My bridesmaid wore a beautiful long, fit-and flare dress made by Juanita Neethling.
Our pastor: Pastor Mark Botha.
The photographer who really walked this journey with us and captured our wedding day so professionally and beautifully is Alexandra Graham. She is a master at her craft and really supported us from start to end.
Our videography team was Abrasive Media (Jacob Cloete & Simone Momple). These two were so helpful and supportive on the wedding day. They provided fun, laughter and moments of deep introspection and thought as they guided us through our wedding videos and captured all the special moments.
We had an on-the-day coordinator named Marieta Auret. Her company is called Knot2Much.
They did an extraordinary job on our wedding decor and flowers. She really was so good at putting us at ease and went the extra mile to personalise our wedding day from start to finish.
My husband hired a beautiful Mercedes-Benz for two days from Hertz, Cape Town.
It was absolute class and luxury! (I even got to drive it the next day after the wedding!)
The food for our wedding was prepared beautifully by Ebony & Ivory Catering and Event Management. Our guests raved about the amazing cuisine which was expertly prepared and presented.
Our wedding cake was made by Baked Sugar. She really captured our love story perfectly on our wedding cake
I designed our wedding website, invitations and wedding favours. Printing was done by UWC Printwize.
Our wedding guestbook, hangers and gift boxes were designed by Crei Designs
Our reception was so much fun and memorable. The food, company, dancing, cake cutting and photobooth was absolutely amazing. We did not take dance lessons because we wanted our first dance to be authentic and true to our freestyle. Our sound and Lighting was done by Taswald Christian, the brother of the groom, who provided us with expert sound and romantic lighting. We had a DJ who played lovely tunes to which we danced the night away.