I wish time could go slower on your wedding, just to take everything in...
For me the two most memorable moments were:
1) Walking down the aisle side by side with my dad, seeing a teary Jeandre waiting at the end of the walkway. I can remember the view over the Hemel and Aarde Valley, the weather was just perfect... I had this warm feeling in my heart - this was the start of something new, how exciting!
2) Arriving at the reception as Mr & Mrs van Zyl - I wish that we could do this over and over and over... Seeing the reception hall perfectly decorated with thousands of fairy lights in the roof and soft candle light on the tables - better that I could imagine it. This is the moment you can see the excitement and joy on your guests faces.. As our invitation read, "Come for the love, stay for the party"
The most special moment for me was our couple shoot - we had a wonderful time. After our photo shoot we had 15min to freshen up before heading to the reception. We decided to sit outside under the stars and just take everything in that happened so far, that was by far the most special moment for me. Spending quality time with my husband for the first time...
My husband's idea was to have some quite time together before exploring a busy city...
The honeymoon destination was a surprise for me and I packed with some guidance from my mom.
First we had 6 lazy island days at the Gayana Island Resort in Malaysia. Spending our time on the beach, drinking cocktails and snorkeling (This was my first time to Snorkel).
After this we went to Singapore where we did everything on our "Singapore Bucket list" . We walked a average of 12km per day to explore the city.
A perfectly planned Honeymoon, thanks to my wonderful husband.
The overall wedding theme: Shades of white, with a touch of green
Wedding Dress (by Casper Bossman): I had a off white lace wedding dress lined with a nude lining. The dress had long sleeves, a open back and a slit on my right leg. To find the perfect lace was a tall order, at the end Casper combined and layered two types of lace to get the perfect look. I had a long, plain off white veil. This truly was my dream dress!
Shoes (by Green Cross): I had a Taupe color stiletto heel.
Hair and Make-up (by hair and make-up by Almari): My hair was loose with some curls (Afterwards by husband said that my hair was his favorite part of the whole look).
Accessories: The only jewelry I wore was pearl earrings from a pearl shop in Stellenbosch.
We got married in the Hemel and Aarde Valley, near Hermanus.
Venue: Bona Dea Private Estate
Wedding Coordinator: Lelani Botha (Unveil Elegance Events)
Wedding Theme: Shades of white with a touch of green
Decor: The natural beauty of the Hemel and Aarde Valley is truly breath taking. The idea was for our decor to compliment the natural, green surrounding of the Valley. I know it's a cliche but less is more...
Flowers (by FAB Events): We had white orchids and tulips with some greenery on the tables as well as on the gazebo for the ceremony. We used silver dollar eucalyptus leaves for confetti.
Ceremony: We used white tiffany chairs for the guest seating and a white Gazebo decorated with White flowers and greenery.
Reception: The roof was lined with branches and fairy lights creating a "starry night" like feeling. We used long tables with white linen and perspex chairs.
Suit (by Greys): The Groom wore a blue suit with a white shirt.
Accessories: Silver tie pin, airplane cuff links, brown leather shoes and belt.
I only had one bridesmaid. She wore a Lavender grey, one shoulder dress with pearl accessories.
Food (by Two Chefs): We had canapes for the guests to enjoy on the beautiful terrace. During the reception we served the main (Beef fillet steak, Pork belly with crackling, potato wedges, baked veggies and a Greek salad. After the cake cutting we had a desert table (Lemon meringue , macaroons, fruit sticks, chocolate mousse)
Cake (by Krummels): It was a 3 tier cake
1. Top tier: Chocolate cake with Chocolate buttercream filling
2. Middle tier: Vanilla cake with lemon buttercream filling
3. Bottom Tier: Chocolate cake with Caramel cream cheese filling
My husband and I loves dancing. We had dancing lessons from a friend in Kimberley, we opened the dance floor on Ed Sheeran's song "Perfect".
DJ: DJ Cessna