The most perfect and beautiful day of my life.
We had such amazing sunny and hot weather.
The highlights of our big day thats memorable to me will be...
1) when my dad came to fetch me at the geust house to drive me to the ceremonie, aswell when we had to start walking down the aisle my dad asked me "are you ready?" and i saw the tears in his eyes, that feeling you get someone cant describe.
2)Halfway down the aisle the wind blew my veil off, so we had to stop and fix it but what a moment stopping and seeing everyone smiling at you.
3) Obviously when i saw my future husband, he looked soo handsome and when my dad gave me over he wanted to kiss me with greeting, i had to stop him, but was something sweet i will never forget.
4) When i had to put his ring on it didnt want to go over his nuckle as he hurt his ring finger during work haha.
5) i will also remember our first kiss as Mrs Stowik.
6) The big moment and cheerfull vibe when we walked into the reception and seeing our beautiful, stunning wedding cake i didnt expect it to be so pretty.
7) My Husband couldnt dance at all so we only practice once before the wedding, and on our first dance it was so perfect and also very special as it was literally our first dance together ever in front of people.
8) The Father and daughter dance was also very special and memorable.
9) a lot of brides warned me and said something always go wrong so i was prepared for that but i must be honest everything worked out perfect as planned and was the most perfect, beautiful day of my life.
For our Honeymoon
We went to Wilderness and stayed over at Summerlane B&B for a week. It was also amazing and relaxing as there is alot to do. The guest house hosts were so nice and made us feel so special with the most amazing breakfast every morning.
We went to visit the cango crocodile farm in Oudtshoorn, elephant park in Knysna and Tsitsikamma kayaking, we had so much fun and what an experience. Will recommend that area to anyone for a romantic forrest honeymoon.
I wanted to have a typical forrest/fairy bride kind of look, plain and natural but also still classic as it is your wedding day.
My hair was done by my hairdresser friend:
Laurienne Janse van Rensburg
My make up by Charlene from CharlieJ Make up & hair artistry
Bought my wedding dress overseas and tailer it by:
House of Silk- Natalia
Got my shoes as a gift.
Jewelry- earings: Bride & Co
Necklace : Pandora
Lizaan Nel photography
Langebaan Country gohlf estate, West coast, Cape Town.
Most of my quests stayed for the wedding night en geust houses in Langebaan West coast. And some in the self catering accommodation on the venue.
Did 10 tan can sessions at Girlz & Guyz in Blaauwberg road.
Skin and waxing at Lorainne at Lorainne's beauty salon and nails at Nikki in 94 Arum road.
Was gyming at Zone Fitness in Willow bridge, Tyger Valley
A pedicure and spa treatment at Kleine Aussicht
We wanted to go for a forrest, classic look but then we got the venue that wasnt really forresty at all so we still sticked to the theme but made it look classic aswell. We made most of the decor ourselves.
Our Bouquets was made by Moondrops flowers.
Some of the decor was hired at Something Borrowed in Belville
Dj was from Atlantic Sound
The groom wore a blue suit which he hired from Mr suit hire in Table view. and the grooms wore a navy blue pants and waistcoat, hired at Eurosuit Canal Walk.
They all wore their own brown shoes and belts.
They wore navy blue dresses with flowers.
Kobus De Kock from Langebaan
Lizaan Nel photography
No we didnt have a wedding planner, but Vee (event manager) from the venue cordinated the wedding day.
Our best man's parents build up an old car from scratch and took years to Finnish it. They gave it to us to use for our wedding day just for me to drive to ceremony and used it in our photos.
The venue prepared the food for the wedding. And the cake was made by Cynthia Smuts in Vredenburg.
We also made everything ourselves. But the menu's and our monogram stickers was printed by The Printing Press
Our Dj was Atlantic sound