A few highightes, in no specific order:
1. Spending the last night as Miss with bridesmaids.
2. Waking up on the morning of the wedding feeling so content and excited.
3. Observing the Mom's, grannies and bridesmaids doing hair and makeup.
4. Slipping into my dress with hair and makeup done.
5. Five second dance parties in the room with the girls.
6. First look with my Dad.
7. Walking down the isle and seeing my handsome groom waiting for me.
8. The first kiss as Mr and Mrs.
9. Being covered in Bougainvillea confetti.
10. Taking photo's between the olive trees and onion fields.
11. Entrance into the reception and cutting the cake.
12. The most heartfelt speech from my groom.
13. The first dance.
14. Dancing with my Mom and Dad.
15. Dancing with my Gran.
16. Partying the night away with all my favourite people.
Yep, paradise island of Mauritius. Best vacation of our lives...so far.
Timeless and classic.
I think I was actually one of the most relaxed brides when it comes to beauty regimes. I love being active so it wasn't difficult to stay in shape and feel healthy. Spa treatments, haha, what's that.
Minimalist. I did not want to splurge on flowers and lighting as our venue was naturally beautiful already. I did perhaps splurge just a little on my bouquet :)
My stunning and lovely bridesmaids wore custom dresses by Hoiden. I wanted each of them to feel comfortable and pretty. The colour of their dresses was a stunning deep green/blue. They were perfect despite having zero fittings and sending measurements via email only.
Dominee Andries Potgieter.
Photographer: Niki M Photography
Videographer: Ant Hoard Films
We were really blessed to have one of the best wedding photographers in the world capture our wedding. Niki shot our engagement shoot and I had my eyes set on her as soon as hubs popped the question.
Ant really did a superb job at capturing our big day. He was there for every minute of the day, making sure not to miss anything. This included some drone shots at sunrise on the morning of the wedding. I appreciate the commitment and professionalism he displayed from the moment we contacted him. Great job, Ant.
Nope, me being me I micro managed the whole thing :)
Didn't need any. Ceremony and reception was at the same venue.
The buffet was prepared by our venue and our amazing buttercream and white chocolate ganache cake was made by Tasha from Nina's Cafe.
Chané Bunning from Tes Tara Creative and Blitsdruk George.
The party was AMAZING. My feet were still swolen for two days into the honeymoon from all the dancing. Haha.
Our DJ was absolutely incredible with the music and the lighting, DJ Johan Brooks just made the evening. Massive thumbs up. We had an awesome live guitarist at the canapés, Chris McCandles from George.