We've all seen the uber creative table numbers from wooden cut-outs to glittering lettering but why not add a little more personality to your wedding through table names and themes? Having a table theme could bring a little extra fun and laughter to your day or is a simple way to further tell your love story.
As you've been probably been together for a while, not all of your guests will know everything that you've been up to and table names are fun way to tell people your story.
1. Countries or Cities - simple - where you've travelled together as a couple, lived or visited on holiday.
2. Street Names - where you've lived together, gone on dates or special occasion locations.
3. Local or Important Landmarks - famous places that are important to you and your family history.
Many couples have songs, favourite bands and albums that have special significance in a relationship, and of course concerts and dating go hand in hand, so music references are super popular for table names:
4. Song Names, songs that mean something to you both as a couple are best but another easy option is to use the titles of romantic love songs (not too many tear jerkers though, it's a celebration after all!)
5. Song Lyrics, a few lines from your favourite tune or from well-known lyrics printed on cards and put into frames make for a great idea.
Many of us have a childhood book that holds special meaning. Using books as table names couldn't be easier and you can mix it up or follow a category:
6. Famous Authors, especially your favourites, can add a great personal touch to your wedding celebration.
7. Being the most romantic day of your life, 'love stories' are the perfect pick, so choose the stories that mean the most to you.
8. Lines of poetry - touching lines of prose are a perennial favourite.
9. Witty Quotes - Oscar Wilde is an age-old crowdpleaser for a witty line, but more modern comic quotes can also get a laugh with your guests too.
If you're not able to agree on what to watch on a Sunday night then this may not be for you, but for the movie lovers, there are loads of options for movie-related table names:
10. You can use Movie Quotes like “Love means never having to say you’re sorry” from Love Story, “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her” from Notting Hill or “Here’s looking at you, kid.” from Casablanca...Swoon. Theres also those romantic couples from movies: Romeo and Juliet, Noah and Allie, Rose and Jack - you get the picture. This is one for incurable romantics.
What you need to remember when it comes to choosing table names, is to stay true to you as a couple. Choose something that reflects what you enjoy. If watching movies together is something you love, then it will work perfectly as an element of sharing your story and your guests will love to see it carried through your wedding day.
The above list is just a starting point, be sure to think outside the box when it comes to table names. Gone are the days where you have stick to printed names- you can add quotes, props and all sorts of fun to get your guests talking and add a little personal touch and creativity to your big day, without costing the earth.