Carlton Hair is a story of how a dream and a passion for the craft can go a long way.
We began in 1968 with a vision to set ourselves apart, with higher standards of hairdressing, satisfied clients and passionate employees. Today with 23 branches and 5 Academies in major cities across South Africa, Carlton Hair is recognised as a leading hairdressing company, and is a distributor and retailer of unique premium sustainable products.
Carlton Hair has always understood our client’s lifestyles and thanks to this, Carlton Hair Blow Dry Bar, Nails was born. Carlton Hair is a proud sponsor of the SA Style Awards, SA Fashion Week, Mascara and Coffee and CANSA Shavathon.
Justine Mayer began her hair journey whilst at high school with an apprenticeship at Carlton Hair International, working alongside some of the most elite hairdressers in California. After traveling the world as a private chef, Justine planted her roots in Johannesburg where she followed in the family business and made hairdressing her passion and mission. After graduating from Carlton Hair Academy in 2013 and receiving her certificate in 2014, she quickly became Manager at Carlton Hair Sandton, stepping down from the roll to focus on the Davines World Wide Hair Tour competition, and complete her Davines Master Colour course in March, 2015.
Justine prides herself in colour & cuts and can be found at Carlton Hair Hyde Park.
1. Be prepared! Book a trial, and go to your hairstylist with your colour themes, the hairstyles you have in mind, and your dress style. Make sure to take a picture of the style you’ve chosen at your trial, as hairstyles often look different in the mirror as opposed to in a picture.
2. If you have a busy dress, keep your hairstyle simple, as a busy hairstyle will clash with the dress. You can opt for a more elaborate hairstyle if your dress is more simplistic.
3. Get the dress before deciding on the hairstyle
4. Don’t overthink it or overdo it by wanting every look. Less is more!
5. Have a few hairstyles in mind that are similar to your natural hair colour and type, and let your stylist guide you in what would be best suited.
6. Don’t wash your hair on the day. Wash it the night before!
Have a trial, or even 2 trials.
Come prepared with at least 5 different looks.
Overdo it (some brides want to do everything). Again, less it more.
• Davines More Inside Strong Hairspray
• Bobby pins
• An elastic band
There are 2 main hair trends for 2017: soft and loose or structured and clean.
The first trend is very natural, with either soft waves worn down or soft low buns. We saw this look on Gisele Bundchen when she married Tom Brady.
The second trend is more structured, with middle parted hair or a deep side parting, and a low structured bun. Justine notes that curls are a definite no, Hollywood Waves are a definite yes. We saw the more structured look on Kim Kardashian when she married Kanye West.
Another trend is to partner these looks with a hair accessory or broach, which gives the style a vintage feel.
Up styles and fancy hair do’s are very outdated and we won’t see these styles come back any time soon.
Justine’s favourite wedding hairstyle’s are Kim Kardashian’s wedding hair in 2014 and Gisele Bundchen at her wedding in 2009. Kim's hair was structured and clean, while Gisele’s hair was natural and soft. I mean how can we not love both looks?!
For more information you can call 011 325 4995/16 or visit their website at www.carltonhair.com