All brides want a gorgeous, golden glow on their big day but many have faced the horrific results of at-home self tanners and are a little hesitant to give it another go. Our team felt a little cautious about the idea of spray tanning until we were introduced to the world’s leading non-toxic, organic self tan and skin care brand - Vita Liberata.
We have yet to come across a more luxurious, top-quality self-tan product. So together with Vita Liberata, we have put together the ultimate spray tanning guide for your wedding day. The below will answer every possible question you may have on spray tanning - from not going orange to prolonging your glow- this guide has got you covered for looking your best on your most special day!
A Vita Liberata spray tan is for everyone, it is beneficial for all skin types & colours & works particulary well on Ethnic skins which can sometimes be very dry and ashen looking. Our patented 72 Hour Moisture Lock pumps moisture into the skin & delivers the radiant, healthy, glowing skin Vita Liberata is famous for.
Yes, Vita Liberata products are 100% organic, non-toxic & hypo-allergenic. However, all brides are required to fill out a client card advising us of any allergies. Some people are allergic to organic products such as avocado & melon. In this instance we do a patch test 24 hours before the actual spray to see how the product reacts with her skin. For ladies with baby bellies we recommend that to discuss the option of spray tanning in her first semester with a gynaecologist before coming for a spray.
This video will show brides exactly how a Vita Liberata tan is applied:
Click Here to view the application process
Absolutely not! Using Vita Liberata you are ensured your skin will turn the very same colour that would be achieved from lying in the sun – just without the ageing sun damage.
Not at all, the body is prepped by our trained tanning technicians and then sprayed in a protocol that ensures even colour over the entire body.
Oh yes, we offer Medium & Dark shades and the trained Vita Liberata technician will discuss and advise the correct shade, depending on the bride’s need & expectation. All our shades deliver a natural colour and will compliment the bride’s original skin colour. A bride with Snow White skin will never go unnaturally dark.
This depends on whether the bride’s skin is easy or hard to tan in natural sunlight. For example, a medium shade will achieve the same colour that 5 to 7 days in the sun would whereas a deliciously dark colour will be the same as 7 to 10 days of sunshine. The deepened colour of the tan will also depend on the bride’s skin condition (especially hydration) and whether the prepared her skin correctly.
• Shower and exfoliate 24 hours before tanning with an oil free product. We recommend Vita Liberata’s Super Fine Body Polish.
• Hair removal (waxing/shaving) should be done at least 24 hours prior to tanning.
• Avoid moisturising for 24 hours prior to tanning as even after showering residue can remain on the skin.
• On the day of your tan don’t wear any make-up, deodorant or perfume, body oils or lotions.
• Up your water intake a few days prior to your tan, hydration within your skin cells
We suggest wearing loose-fitting, dark clothing with open shoes in order for your tan to develop evenly and give you the best results.
• To allow maximum DHA development, wait 6 to 12 hours before showering. Pale or hard to tan skin needs 8 to 12 hours for the tan to develop properly and medium or dark skin needs 8 to 12 hours.
• The first shower will wash the colour guide off the skin. Do not stress, your tan has already developed onto your skin and will not disappear.
• It is best to shower with clean, cool water first. Once the water runs clear, you know the colour guide has been washed off and so you may use a shower gel containing no essential oils.
• Pat the skin dry softly after your shower and admire your beautiful bronze
Immediately after your spray tan:
• Remember the instant tan colour you see is only a guiding bronzer. Your tan will develop within 6 to 12 hours.
• Keep your hands and skin completely dry for 6 to 12 hours.
• Do not apply cosmetics or skincare products over the developing tan during this time.
• Also, try to avoid activities that make you perspire for 6 to 12 hours after the tan is applied.
After your tan has developed:
• Dry skin is the enemy of any tan! Moisturise twice daily with a product that doesn’t contain essential oils, toxins, alcohol or parabens. A great option is the Vita Liberata Moisture Boost Body Treatment.
• Another fantastic tan enhancing product from the Vita Liberata range is Warm. Warm is an extremely moisturizing, untinted tan lotion that develops over 4-8 hours and can be applied regularly to build and maintain a sunkissed glow. It can be used like a body moisturizer to maintain a flawless, light tan every day.
• Note: Avoid using skincare products that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) as they will strip your tan. Do not wax / shave for 24 hours as this removes layers of skin and will remove the tan too!
By following the above mentioned pre- and post-tan tips, you are ensured that your tan will fade just like a natural tan does. Vita Liberata does not peel or flake off.
Every bride’s skin is unique and so the results will vary depending on your type of skin and the condition of your skin. Chlorine, perfume, deodorant, products containing essential oils, dehydration and your overall skin health can all affect your tan result. This video explains in depth what factors will affect your spray tan:
Click here to watch the factors that will affect your spray tan
No, it will not. As our Spray solutions products are 100% natural and organic, they do not contain SPF. However we do have our Retail range of SPF Collection products that can be used after your spray tan has developed and that will keep you protected from the harsh rays of the Sun.
Your Vita Liberata tanning technician is trained to prepare these areas before they apply your spray tan to ensure the finished look is even over these problem areas.
There may be slight colour transfer onto linen if the client perspires excessively whilst sleeping. If this does occur, don’t stress… Due to the organic nature of Vita Liberata ingredients, these marks will wash out effortlessly with a normal machine wash.
All Vita Liberata professional spray tans & retail products are completely odourless.
Absolutely not, after the first wash your colour guide will be washed off and so there will be no colour transfer onto your clothing.
We suggest that you apply your spray tan a day or two before your wedding day BUT we highly recommend a TRIAL. This will ensure that the bride's expectation can be met regarding the shade and finish. If she is familiar with Vita Liberata sprays, she will already know which colour suits her best. It is also a great idea to have your make up trial around the same time as your tanning trial so that your make-up artist can match your make-up to your wedding day skin tone. You should also consider getting your bridesmaids a spray tan to prevent you from standing out too much in the wedding photos. Another great tip is to take a photo of yourself after your spray tan trial (in day light) to make sure you like the results on camera.
A Vita Liberata spray tan will give your skin a healthy, golden glow – ensuring that you look as radiant as you feel. It will also enhance your skin’s finish and even out any imperfections on your skin. By using Vita Liberata’s Capture the Light or Body Blur over your spray tan you can highlight and accentuate certain areas of your body and sparkle in your wedding photographs.