Exchanging vows and saying “I Do” to the love of your life with the perfect backdrop of sun and sea is a dream come true for nature lovers. With more than 2 500 kilometers of magical coastline and superb weather, South Africa ranks as one of the top beach destination venues in the world. But how does one go about planning a fairytale beach wedding?
So, first thing's first. In order to host a beach wedding ceremony, you'll have to contact the relevant City Council for a permit. It's a relatively fast, easy and affordable process, but to secure your perfect venue and date you'll most likely want to get onto this one relatively early in the planning process.
During your planning process, there are a few other key points to take into account when planning your magical beach wedding:
1. Alcohol is prohibited on South African beaches.
2. f you intend having loud music (a DJ), a Noise Exemption Permit needs to be obtained from your relevant City Council.
3. There should always be a Plan “B” in case of unforeseen circumstances. Alternative options to consider are private beach houses, ocean-facing restaurants and ocean-facing hotels.
4. The official signing of the register has to happen in a room or an indoor venue after the ceremony as required by South Africa law.
5. Be prepared to be watched or photographed by uninvited guests. It is a public space afterall!
6. Choose a photographer who has experience in beach weddings. The excessive sunlight and glare could become a problem for an inexperienced photographer.
So whether you’re considering the picturesque, rugged and unspoilt Transkei coastline or a trendy beach in Cape Town, your seaside wedding dream can become a reality with some extra planning and a good sense of adventure. Get an extra dose of inspiration from our beautiful beach styled shoot
Tavern of the Seas
Plettenberg Park is poised in exquisite beauty on the Robberg Peninsula in Plettenberg Bay. Here you can escape to a natural paradise where time stands still as nature unfolds...
By far, the best view of Simon’s Town and the Greater False Bay Area is from Redhill Road. Overlooking majestic mountain and sea views in an area characterised by peace and t...
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa with its natural surroundings and breath-taking views is the most romantic and inspiring wedding venue in Cape Town. It is ideal for celebrati...
A Wedding Day – the day when hopes and dreams, love and laughter, friends and family, past and future, come together in celebration.
Where moments become magic. Whether your heart desires an elegant seaside celebration or a more casual beach affair, we have the means to turn your wedding dreams into reality....
Unique. Stylish. Sophisticated. The Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront at the very forefront of the worlds idyllic Cape offering a Yes I Can! Philosophy.
Established as a restaurant from the 1960’s, the Black Marlin, located in Simon’s Town, has earned a reputation for its stunning seafood, attentive service and incredible v...