Grande Provence Wine Estate wears her 325-year history with dignity. Nestled in the beautiful Franschhoek Valley in South Africa’s Western Cape, her lush vines spread across 47 acres. Rolling vistas frame the valley floor and heighten the drama of the rugged mountains beyond. Barely a one-hour drive from Cape Town, this is heartland South African Wine Country at its very finest.
Grande Provence Estate is a destination in its own right, offering award-winning wines at The Winery, gourmet cuisine at The Restaurant, South African artists and artisans at The Gallery and The Shop, with boutique accommodation in The Owner's Cottage and La Provençale Villa in the Vineyards.
• Outdoors within the beautifully manicured garden or indoors in the superbly decorated private room of The Jonkershuis.
• Includes the venue, tables and chairs, and table set up, for a maximum of 30 guests.
• This is not on an exclusive hire basis and excludes accommodation
• Contact our in-house events team to assist with customised packages for groups less than 10 pax.
The Jonkershuis provides the perfect location for private events and receptions, from weddings to partner’s/conferences programmes. We have a team of specialists who can design and create a truly unique experience.
• The Restaurant, with its superb cuisine continues the elegance and style of Grande Provence.
• Includes the venue, tables and chairs, for a maximum of 60 guests.
• Excludes the décor, beverages, flower arrangements etc.
• The Restaurant hire is on an exclusive basis
While the 18th century Manor House and The Owner’s Cottage reflect their Huguenot heritage, The Restaurant and wine tasting area of Grande Provence project a chic industrial presence. Designed by renowned interior designer Virginia Fisher whose work can also be seen at sister properties Huka Lodge, New Zealand and Dolphin Island in Fiji.
• The Gallery, a beautiful space which is ideal for a larger group.
• Includes the venue, tables and chairs, for a maximum of 120 guests.
• Excludes the décor, food, beverages, flower arrangements etc.
• The Gallery hire is on an exclusive basis
The Gallery at Grande Provence is considered to be one of the most highly regarded galleries in the Cape, with a reputation for showcasing some of South Africa’s finest established and emerging artists. Regular exhibitions are held with the major disciplines being shown throughout the year.
The Sculpture Garden has a continually evolving collection of monumental works in a variety of media.
The Owner’s Cottage at Grande Provence is a testament to period grandeur and contemporary luxury. Comprising the beautifully appointed Cottage are four rooms, a deluxe suite, conservatory, lounge, swimming and spa pool area. Blanketed in a palette of ‘charcoal grey’ and ‘white linen’, the rooms beckon an indulgent experience. Lush lawns edged with dark green hedges contrast with creamy travertine tiles and inset pebbles, while white walls delineate the deck chairs and lounging areas, juxtaposing the cool and crisp swimming pool.
La Provençale Villa offers contemporary appointment and comfort for up to four guests, on an exclusive-use Bed and Breakfast basis. An outdoor courtyard with pool offers opportunity to enjoy South Africa’s lovely weather amidst private gardens.
"Age and glasses of wine should never be counted." - Italian Proverb
Take a weekend-off in the Western Cape, where R&R is guaranteed and you may also just find your dream wedding venue!
A selection of our favourite moments captured in 2016.
SA Weddings selects some of their favourite sparkles for this summer.
All that's glitter and gold..
Nestled between mountains, streams and vineyards the wine estates of the Western Cape are one of the most romantic settings for Weddings
Main Road, Franschhoek 7690 Western Cape, South Africa