As so many people spoke about preferring a non-denominational wedding ceremony as well as a personal ceremony for same sex marriages not conducted at the home affairs department, I took it upon myself to provide this service so that your very special day can be as you have always dreamt of. My services are also legal as I am a registered Civil Union Marriage officer for the Department of Home Affairs.
Be it a small intimate wedding at home, the SHCSA premises or you are having a bigger affair at a venue, together we can create an unforgettable day that has your signature on it.
- A variety of ceremonies. See website for more details : www.shcsa.co.za
- Travel to the venue of your choice
- Verify documents before the Wedding
- Conducting a full Wedding ceremony
- Complete and sign the Register
- Issue a South African Abridged Civil Union Registration (Civil Marriage) Certificate on the day of your Wedding
- Register your civil marriage personally at Home Affairs- you don't have to stand in queues at Home Affairs ☺ .
"Budget Home Affairs substitute" Mini Wedding - by appointment only
For the couple who want a swift, inexpensive Wedding without guests ( other than the 2 mandatory witnesses) or even ceremony, but don't want the impersonal feeling of being married at Home Affairs. On offer is a short ceremony which can be performed at your home or even at our premises. Wednesday and Friday . 11.30 am – 3 pm.
The entire process takes no more than 30 minutes. A minimum of two days notice is required when booking.
The SHCSA is a non-denominational organisation and was founded in October 2012 for the initial purpose of creating a body that will be recognised at Home Affairs in order for Civil Union Marriage/ Partnership for Humanists and alike, both heterosexual and same sex couples. With this body, marriage officers can apply to the Director General for permission to solemnise Civil Union Marriages. The Spiritual Humanist Church of South Africa has since been recognised with its President Wendy Vermeulen having being designated as a marriage officer under designation number C/U 160.