It is said that all girls at some stage in their young lives dream of their wedding day and what it would be like. I, however, always dreamt about what my fairy tale husband would be like. Imagine my surprise when he came along and was exactly what I had always dreamed of. It was not long before we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, which soon led us to this wonderful day we spent with only close friends and family. Despite having a winter wedding, we had the most amazing, sunny, bright day any bride could ask for. The whole wedding party was so excited and happy and supported us so amazingly; it made the day so much more special to have been able to spend the day with our beautiful parents, siblings and close friends. There was a lot of chatter, a lot of champagne, nerves and tears - I would not give it up for anything.
Near the time when I finally had walk down the isle, the air was full of anticipation and I could feel a strange feeling creep up in me. Initially I thought that it was nervousness, but having hindsight of that moment, I now know that it was just a build-up of love, happiness and excitement for being married to the person I had always dreamed of. Walking into the church to the sweet sounds of a live violin at the arm of my precious dad and seeing my future husband's eyes fill with tears when he saw me, made the moment so beautifully surreal. This was followed by vows which we prepared ourselves, although we both struggled with saying these vows without bursting into tears with all emotions threatening to boil over. What I remembered most of this moment is that we both had eyes only for each other and were caught up in our own little world.
The wedding went without any incident and was more than I could ever have hoped for. Once the party started in celebration of our love, there was no holding back and the evening ended on a high note with friends and laughter around a bon fire until the early hours of the morning. We will never forget the moments caught up in this day and we will always cherish the memories we were able to make with our family and friends. We truly are blessed to have found love like we have and to have received extended family that feel like they have always been part of us!
And so the whole of the universe conspired in helping us to achieve what we both have always wanted - to be joined in soul as one until death do us part.
We can never have had the amazingly beautiful day we did without the help of others. In this regard I must make a special mention to the following people:
- Our parents: Not only for the financial assistance that enabled us to have all we dreamed of, but also for the support and love you have given to the both of us.
- Elizabeth Stockenstrom: Not only was my dress an absolute fairy tale dress and exactly what I wanted, but she made the process of choosing and fitting so easy and exciting. I am forever indebted to Elizabeth for providing me with the ultimate gift on my wedding day - a dress that made me feel like a princess.
- Monte de Dios: The moment I walked into this chapel my heart was lost to this venue. Then we went to the reception venue and there was no turning back for me. On top of this, the staff was extremely helpful and are the sole reason for the day playing out just as planned.
- Barefeet Videography: I cannot explain the thoughts and emotions that went through me when I saw the wedding video these guys have put together for us. There is only one word: WOW! We are so thankful to Barefeet for their professional service before and during our special day, and especially thank you for providing us with a wedding video that captures all the moments that are most important to us - it is as if you have known us forever.
We also need to thank the rest of our service providers who made the day possible:
- Warren James Photography: Warren is an amazing photographer and made the photo shoot so easy and fun for us. On top of that he managed to make us look like superstars and for that I will forever be grateful to him and his assistant.
- Café Fleur: I have never met a more sweet and friendly group of people, not even to mention the talent they have. Joelene and the team have turned our venue into a fairy tale with flowers and decor that created a warm, classic / vintage atmosphere that fit right into the theme. They also prepared all of the tables and décor for the day, allowing the bride to lounge around in luxury with a glass of champagne the whole day before and of the wedding - so much hard work went into making our day beautiful. Ps they were also the only Gauteng based company that could provide me with gold knives and forks (which I am eternally thankful for).
- Your Diamonds: Not only did they provide me with the most beautiful of all beautiful diamonds, but they were also the only company that could get the design of my ring right. Jacques and I are both extremely happy with our wedding rings and cannot thank this company enough for the amazing service we have gotten from them.
Then we also need to give thanks to the following people: ABC hiring - Xavier (chairs); Tablecloth Hiring Company and Partyhire Springs (tablecloths); Minuteman Press and Lily Young (stationary); Moi Décor, Vividly Vintage and A Vintage Affair (décor); 4 Seasons Disco (music); Siobhan (violinist); Jurix Love Nails (nails and make-up); Composure SA (hair); TJ's Cake Creations (the most amazing and beautiful wedding cake); Selfiebox (photo booth); New Beginnings (Wedding favors); and Saucy Print Co (desert plates).
Café Fleur & Cor de Rosa is no ordinary flower shop – it is a hub of bridal activity & event planning.
Elizabeth’s gowns are the ultimate in femininity, romance and sensuality. She has built an enviable reputation for creating exquisite bridal gowns, using only the best fabrics.
Our lovely collection includes vintage/whimsical and shabby chic –inspired items!
Barefeet loves nothing more than the opportunity to capture these once-in-a-lifetime memories in the most natural, authentic and captivating way.