After months of preparation, my Wedding Day finally arrived, the day I'd been dreaming of ever since I was a little girl. It could not have been a better day... I was set to marry my one and only true love, accepting him, completely, with all of his perfections as well as his imperfections and promising to love him with my whole heart forever and always and he was to give himself to me in that very same way, committing to love me for eternity despite my faults, and even because of them and celebrating my good points. I woke up on the morning of the 20th September to the most beautiful day you can imagine... birds singing and sun shining, despite the miserable, windy day we'd had the day before. It was as if the heavens were giving us the thumbs up.
Our amazing service providers include:
- Havilah Designer Jewellers for custom engagement ring, wedding rings and all wedding jewellery
- La Cigale Exclusive Country Estate for the venue (both chapel and reception)
- Delia Dakin for my incredible custom made wedding dress
- Morne Originals for custom grooms waistcoat and silk tie
- Heinz in Style for Groomsmen suit hire
- Kary M Fashion Design for my garter and headpiece
- Brad Peens photography for wedding photographer as well as engagement shoot
- Nick Waring Wedding Videos for the wedding music video
- Glen Webster for live music at the reception
- Aston Wylie live music for the canape' hour
- Lea Draping for decor hire, draping and fairy lights
- Disposable-camera .co.za for disposable cameras on the tables
- Winegifts .co.za for a wine box used in the wine box ceremony (instead of the unity candle)
- The Photobooth - photobooth
- Arnie - Vintage car hire
- Sassi - Hair
- Theano - Make-up
- J.A. Floral Distributers for everything that we did ourselves
- Greyvensteyns Attorneys - prenup
ALL OF THE ABOVE WERE REALLY INCREDIBLE AND I CAN HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!
Having slept at my mom and dad's house the night before my wedding, obeying the tradition of bride and groom not seeing one another on the day of the wedding, my bridesmaids were there to ensure that my day started off perfectly and continued that way. Getting ready for my big day with my mom, sister, bridesmaids and my flower girl nieces, couldn't have been more fun, complete with bubbly and sushi.
Finally the time came for my dad to open up the door of the vintage car we'd hired and off we went to the La Cigale Wedding Venue chapel where he so proudly walked me down the aisle and gave me away to a man that he was confident would love care for me the way I deserve for the rest of my life.
The wedding reception went by in what felt like the blink of an eye but we can honestly say had the best party of our lives and our family and friends had just as much fun as we did.
Everything went off without a hitch (aside from us getting hitched, of course).
The day was perfect in every way. The food, the decor, the venue, the photographer, the videographer, the make-up, the hair, the dress.... EVERYTHING was exactly as I wanted it. And most importantly I got to marry my 'one' and we shared the most special and beautiful of our lives day with our most incredible family and awesome friends.