Planning your wedding day is one of the most exciting life stages you can possibly go through, it can also be one of the most overwhelming times due to the sheer amount of choice we have facing us these days. We here at SA weddings, are hoping to help you figure out your dream winelands wedding venue with a few of our top current choices.
From the ever stunning Laurent on Lourensford wine farm to the opulent beauty of Clouds Estate, the options are pretty-much endless. The below list is chosen with ‘unique experience’ in mind. Your wedding is exactly that – ‘yours’ and whether it be your photographs framed with the backdrop of meticulously farmed vineyards, rolling green lawns- perfect for fun family games during your pre-drinks, or perhaps you and your fiancé are absolute foodies? You will find that many of these below listed venues deliver on taste.
Everyone wants to feel the uniqueness of their big day- a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We want to make sure you feel surrounded by splendour and that the outside world does not exist – just you and your loved ones celebrating a brand new adventure.
So take a quick peak at some of our top ten wine farm venues:
1. Laurent on Lourensford – (A stunning contemporary venue, offset by an effortlessly scenic landscape. Laurent is said to have one of the most beautiful views in the Cape)
2. Vegelergen Wine Estate – (Surrounded by rolling lawns, shaded by hundred-year-old oak trees that transport you to a place of peace and serenity)
3. Cavalli Wine & Stud Estate – (Set amongst indigenous gardens that are designed to resemble a living tapestry, grazing horses and opulent olive groves- this is the ultimate destination for bridal photography)
4. Grande Provence – (Perfectly manicured gardens and boutique accommodation are thriving elements that will have your guests talking into the early hours of the morning)
5. La Residence – (Be enraptured by a world of regal beauty and grandeur when you walk into the Great Hall at this tranquil countryside venue and hotel)
6. Hidden Valley Wine Estate – (Ceremony paradise is found in a gorgeous barrel cellar with a beautifully hand-hewn stone wall that exhibits magic)
7. Nooitgedacht – (Celebrates their love for food, never serving the same menu twice)
8. Vrede en Lust – (Nestled at the foothills of the Simonsberg, lies Vrede en Lust in the breath-taking Franschhoek wine Valley.)
9. Allee Bleue – (Sophisticated and elegant, with beautiful glass doors opening onto an intimate courtyard that brings a light, romantic ambiance to your reception)
10. Clouds Estate – (Outdoor heaven with a wrap-around veranda perfect for canapes and cocktails)
South Africa has all these wedding venue gems and so many more, waiting and ready to make your big day the ever-special life event it should be. Although the options are limitless, with natural beauty abound- take your time to find the venue you’re looking for. You’ll know when you’re ready to sign on the dotted line and catch a glimpse of your imminent ‘Happily Ever After’.
Grande Provence Wine Estate wears her 300-year history with dignity.
The Cavalli Function Venue is Green Star Rated building conveniently on the R44 highway nestled below the majestic Helderberg Mountain. It has been designed to be flexible enou...
A magnificent estate nestled in the fertile bowl of the Helderberg Mountains. Lourensford Estate, founded in 1700, a proud history joins with a dynamic new vision to create a g...
Hidden Valley is a holistic brand, catering for all venue-related aspects for your big day. The estate is positioned atop the slopes of Helderberg with panoramic views of the v...
Grandeur is back in vogue. Nooitgedacht Estate has specialized in exquisite, hand-crafted weddings for over 25 years.
Nestled at the foothills of the Simonsberg lies Vrede en Lust in the breathtaking Franschhoek wine valley.